[SOLVED] Lost connection to sooperlooper whenever network connection is interrupted

Problems getting SL up and running on Linux? Post here.

Moderator: jesse

lenb_99

[SOLVED] Lost connection to sooperlooper whenever network connection is interrupted

Post by lenb_99 »

Hi,

Is there a way that I can configure sooperlooper so that slgui remains connected to the looper engine regardless of ethernet connection status?

If I start sooperlooper in one terminal I get:

Code: Select all

[len@stargazer ~]$ sooperlooper
SooperLooper 1.7.3
Copyright 2007 Jesse Chappell
OSC server URI (network) is: osc.udp://stargazer:9951/
Starting slgui in another terminal gives:

Code: Select all

[len@stargazer ~]$ slgui
slgui: our URL is osc.udp://stargazer:12173/
Changing our url to be : osc.udp://localhost:12173/
slgui: remote looper is at osc.udp://stargazer:9951/ version=1.7.3   loopcount=1  id=1699992780
  but treating the engine URL as osc.udp://localhost:9951/
If I then disable the network interface (or if my ISP is having network issues), after about 10 seconds slgui disconnects from the looper:

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Best,
Len
Last edited by lenb_99 on Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
lenb_99

Post by lenb_99 »

Hi,

In an older thread ("Lost connection to Sooperlooper engine"), it was recommended by jesse to try the following:
Edit /etc/hosts and take the 'localhost' out of the second line starting with ::1. Or even comment the second line out (insert a # at the front).
Just wanted to report that I have tried this and in my case it didn't help.

Best,
Len
Last edited by lenb_99 on Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
lenb_99

Post by lenb_99 »

Hi,

Just wanted to post an(other) update. I have found a workaround to this issue. It is embarrassingly simple.

To recap: with a session active as described in the original thread (slgui connected to sooperlooper engine), disabling (or otherwise interrupting) my network interface caused slgui to lose the connection. This was under the usual situation where the network interface was active when I started sooperlooper. My solution has been to disable the network interface prior to starting sooperlooper. Once sooperlooper/slgui are running I can then re-enable and/or disable the network interface and sooperlooper seems to be unaffected.

Cheers,
Len