SL lost connection to Ableton Live

Using SL inside Ableton Live

Moderator: jesse

alexandreklinke

SL lost connection to Ableton Live

Post by alexandreklinke »

Hi Jesse,

I use Sooperlooper inside Ableton Live 8, and control it with a FCB 1010.
All of a sudden, when I open SL as a plugin, it cannot connect to the host. I keep pressing the "Connect" button but nothing happens, and the status says "Not connected".
Tried to open SL in Live 7, and the problem persists. Doesn't matter what project I open, it is the same thing.
Would you have any idea what is going on?
Thank you,
Alex
jesse

Re: SL lost connection to Ableton Live

Post by jesse »

Something probably changed in your network configuration on the machine. SL is still overly sensitive to that. Play around with being on a network or not to see if anything changes. If it does, we can continue from there.
alexandreklinke

Hi Jesse, thanks for your quick answer.

You mean the Network settings on Audio Midi Setup (on Mac)?
I tried to get it enabled/disabled, changed the routing and everything, but nothing changed.
Also disabled/enabled airport to see if there was any changes, but unfortunately not.
Thoughts?

Cheers,
Alex
alexandreklinke

I managed to connect Sooperlooper again. After reinstalling Live and Sooperlooper, I got the tip "use 9951 for the standalone SL, or 10051 for the AU plugin" from the slregister application inside SL installer, typed 10051 in the port for "current connection" (on SL preferences), hit connect, and SL was back!

However, I've been experiencing other problems that are really annoying, in fact they've been happening for a while, and that's why I missed the connection with SL, because I was basically trying to reset every parameter inside SL preferences.

When I open a project in Live, and start looping, everything is normal. I usually use 4 loops to create my arrangements. I play a full song using the 4 loops and stop. Then all the loops are muted and I start recording a new idea on Loop 1. Once loop one is playing I press record on Loop 2, start playing, and when I hit record for the second time, the most weird things happen: sometimes loop 1 starts playing the melody from my 1st song, sometimes everything is muted, or maybe the function "insert" on loops 1 and 2 is activated.

If you have any idea why this is happening, please help!

Thanks,
Alex
donkeyharejoe

Post by donkeyharejoe »

the way I use Soopelooper is a different from yours, but your issues sound familiar.
before I start an audiosession involving Sooperlooper, I disconnect from network/wireless and
restart my computer, Sooperlooper runs fine after that.Especially the Huwaiwirelessmodem I need
for my internetconnection appears to create problems with/for Sooperlooper that are only solved by a reboot.

johan
alexandreklinke

now when I restart the computer and open SL inside Ableton, everything goes smooth in the first song.
once I finish it and loops are muted, I record a new idea on loop 1, and almost every time, whenever I start recording on the 2nd loop, the problems start. then I have to reset the plugin in order to get back to normal. this really sucks especially in live performance, when I wanna play different songs using the same project and configuration, without the need to reset anything between songs.
jesse

Post by jesse »

Are you running the latest version of SL (unofficially posted a month ago, officially posted today) 1.6.16? Try that out, if not.

If you could post or email me an example Live session and basic instructions that might reproduce it, that would be great.
alexandreklinke

Hi Jesse, yes I'm running the latest version, but still having problems.
I'm gonna post an example of my setup and more details about the issue soon.
Thanks,
Alex