MIDI assign problem

Talk about your MIDI bindings and controller setup

Moderator: jesse

carloskleiber

MIDI assign problem

Post by carloskleiber »

Hello,
I am new to sooperlooper and having fun already:)
Sorry I know I should read the manual first but I got slightly shaken by the amount of new possibilities, inherited from the echoplex probably. (I was beleiving I was doing looping with ableton live, can you imagine?) So I am trying to proceed by common sense. Right-clicking on buttons does give the "learn MIDI binding" option, but then I do not find a way to assign automatically to my controller. I found the corresponding page in preferences but again, I gave in my buttons' parameters with corresponding sooperlooper controls, no success so far. I am using the AU version, inside Live.
Thank you very much for this program. looking forward to learn how to use it.
carloskleiber
jesse

Re: MIDI assign problem

Post by jesse »

Take a look at the setup instructions in the following post:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=103&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

If you've followed those steps SL should be seeing midi messages and the learning features should work as expected.
carloskleiber

Post by carloskleiber »

Sorry obvious mistake. MIDI control under control. Need to discover the rest.
thank you,
carloskleiber
loopylooper

Post by loopylooper »

Ok, I am having the exact same issue. Followed the instructions. I can manually record the loops fine, but whenever I go to Preferences->MIDI Bindings and click MIDI learn, it never sees the MIDI event. Logic is definitely seeing MIDI from the pedal (FCB1010) when I press the buttons, but MIDI learn in SL isn't working.

carloskleiber, what does "MIDI Control under control" mean?
loopylooper

Post by loopylooper »

Ok, so I rebooted the computer and Sooperlooper learned my MIDI events. Then it worked like twice. I could select the next loop, the previous loop, then I recorded one loop and it all stopped working (couldnt stop the loop). If I use MIDI monitor I can see all the events on every keypress, but it seems SL wants to ignore them most of the time. Or is it a Logic problem?

(Logic 9.0.2 and Snow Leopard)

loopy
jesse

Post by jesse »

What events are you binding? CCs? If so, I'm guessing that Logic is deciding for you that the plugin really doesn't need that second identical CC value. Apple does *&$% like that all the time. If you can, try Notes or PC events. Another workaround is to bypass Logic's internal midi routing and use something like Midi Patchbay to connect up directly to SL's midi input.
hgoye

Post by hgoye »

Hello.

I'm using SL since yesterday. I understood how it works but I can't make it recognize my midi keyboard. My midi keyboard (Yamaha Clavinova clp 120) is working well with ZynAddSubFx Software Synthetizer but not with SL. I right click on my mouse to make it learn but it doesn't work. I made the link : MIDI USB -> SL on my jack control and I wonder if I have something else to do.
I'm using linux ubuntu 9.10 Karmic.

txs for helping me.

hugues