select next loop by midi problem

Talk about your MIDI bindings and controller setup

Moderator: jesse

soulflyer

select next loop by midi problem

Post by soulflyer »

Anyone know how to set up select next loop as a midi cc binding? When I try this the next loop is selected both when I press AND when I release the footswitch sending the midi cc. This means it selects the second next loop every time!

midi from the footswitch looks like this:

cc 65 127
cc 65 0

and sooperlooper responds to both of these messages. I have tried tweaking the various parameters associated with the midi binding but I always get the same effect.

At the moment I have the midi running through a nord modular which I have set up to filter out all the messages sent by the button release. It works fine, but there has to be an easier way. One that doesn't involve being connected up to several kilos of rack gear.....

Iain
jesse

Re: select next loop by midi problem

Post by jesse »

Hmm, you have found a hole in the midi binding flexibility of SL. Is there any way you can edit your midi controller itself not to send a momentary press/release events when sending CC? If you could send a PC or a note, your problems would be solved (SL has the ability to pay attention to note on and off independently).
gtodd876

Post by gtodd876 »

It's your footswitch sending a 'momentary' message. Momentary sends a message when you press the pedal and also when you release it. There should also be 'latch' mode for the buttons on your foot controller, where on and off values are alternated each time you press the pedal.

Todd
soulflyer

Post by soulflyer »

Thanks guys. I can reprogram the controller (an FC200)....

Iain
RexTheRunt

Post by RexTheRunt »

I too have this problem - but I'm using an old Roland PC200 keyboard controller - it's all I've got. I can't program it to override press/release so I'm also getting a jump of two loops when I try to select next loop.
Has anyone solved this a different way?
I'd appreciate feedback,
Thanks