Apogee Gio FBC?

Talk about your MIDI bindings and controller setup

Moderator: jesse

andygridleymusic

Apogee Gio FBC?

Post by andygridleymusic »

Hello! I'm very excited to try out SooperLooper.

I plan to use my Macbook Pro, MainStage and hopefully this app to duplicate my current set up in a smaller, more travel friendly package.

However I need an appropriate FBC. I picked up an Apogee GIO thinking it seemed more user friendly (i.e. purposefully designed for Mainstage) than some of the posts regarding the FBC1010. Its similar to the FBC1010 uno in that it has particular buttons for stomp boxes and others designated for controlling loops and or transport controls.

Has anyone had success using it? Will it work? How would one go about setting it up to "talk" to sooper looper? Finally, what is the reality of the GIO sending/receiving Mainstage controls while also sending/receiving sooper looper controls? In other words, how do I change patches within Mainstage but also control loops in Mainstage?

Help me understand limitations, set expectations, and get started! Thank you.
Vladdrac

Re: Apogee Gio FBC?

Post by Vladdrac »

I'd be interested to know more about this too. I just picked up the gio pedal and mainstage. The first issue I predict is if you want to run more than one loop your going to run out of buttons fast limiting you choice for different guitar effects. There might be a way around this but it will require some clever uses of mainstage.