Loop Record Time Available Only 47.55 ?

Problems getting SL up and running on a Mac? Post here.

Moderator: jesse

grpetz

Loop Record Time Available Only 47.55 ?

Post by grpetz »

Please forgive me if I've missed the instructions in the setup, but from what I understand the record time of the looper is based on the available memory of the computer? So, I have a new Macbook Pro OS X 10.10.1 with 16gb of ram and the available record time for a loop is showing 47 seconds? Is there something I need to setup different? I load the plugin on an empty Ableton Live 9 template so there is plenty of ram available. Thanks for helping and for making such a great product. Appreciate it... Gary

woldhek

Re: Loop Record Time Available Only 47.55 ?

Post by woldhek »

Hi grpetz,

I am also new to SL, but after reading documentation i think i know the answer to your problem.
The standard loop time is about 40 seconds.
To have more loop time, it can be done with a command line option, or from the gui: click session, preferences, on the connection tab there is an option to set the looptime.
grpetz

Post by grpetz »

Thanks for the advise... I am new to Mac for starters, but it I learning the system quickly. I did find the preferences and located the loop time in seconds where it can be adjusted, but after I adjusted it the sooperlooper still shows as the 47.55 ..... I even closed the plugin and re-opened it, still showing the same, but it shows in preferences that I did change it.. to 200 seconds ... any ideas? Thanks.. Gary
jesse

Post by jesse »

After you change the settings in the prefs, you need to remove the existing loop and create a new one, and it should come up with the new default loop memory. You can also add a custom loop with a specified loop mem at any time.
grpetz

Post by grpetz »

jesse wrote:After you change the settings in the prefs, you need to remove the existing loop and create a new one, and it should come up with the new default loop memory. You can also add a custom loop with a specified loop mem at any time.
Thanks Jesse for helping. When you say remove existing loop and create a new one, I never did create one because it's a fresh instance of sooperlooper. I tried again and it still is not changing when reopening the plugin. Here is a screenshot to show the preferences.. Is there something I am missing here? Sorry I'm a newbie to your looper setup, I used to use Mobius on Windows.
woldhek

Post by woldhek »

I dont know anything about Apple, but i think you never realy reboot?
Also you could try in SL under SESSION : "quit and stop Engine" and try again?
I use Linux and for me the new setting is accepted...
woldhek

Post by woldhek »

I looked at my config and the difference with yours is, that your curent connection is to a different port than the startup default configuration.
In my config, both ports are the same (9951)
could it be, that in your case there are 2 engines running and you change the looptime for new startup configureation, but are connected to a second engine, for which the standard loop time is set?
grpetz

Post by grpetz »

woldhek wrote:I looked at my config and the difference with yours is, that your curent connection is to a different port than the startup default configuration.
In my config, both ports are the same (9951)
could it be, that in your case there are 2 engines running and you change the looptime for new startup configureation, but are connected to a second engine, for which the standard loop time is set?
Thank you for helping. I did try to change the port number to both 9951 and also 10052, but it did not make any difference. I finally got it working by using Session and delete last loop, then add new custom loop and it allowed me to adjust the time there and applied the changes correctly.

Not sure why? Maybe Jesse knows and can help out further... also have seen a few crashes with SooperLooper when quitting the application, but it starts right back up with no problems.

Happy it's working now :)

Gary
jesse

Post by jesse »

Leave the port numbers alone, the difference you saw is because the default when using with JACK and the AudioUnit are different.

Yes, delete last loop was what I meant in my first post about "removing the existing loop". Not sure why the default loop time is being ignored for you... at least the add custom works right.
grpetz

Post by grpetz »

Thanks Jesse... got that worked out... off the topic here with this next thing, but my learn midi is not working now? It was before using my footswitch on my motif, and Ableton still recognizes it as I can click the footswitch and make it work in Ableton... is this got something to do with the port numbers? I did change them back to what it showed before except this time it shows 10051 instead of 10052 .... Gary