SooperLooper and Indamixx--I have no idea how to get started

Problems getting SL up and running on Linux? Post here.

Moderator: jesse

simart

SooperLooper and Indamixx--I have no idea how to get started

Post by simart »

Hi,

I just downloaded and installed the Indamixx portable studio software on my MSI Wind (Indamixx.com). I'm pretty happy (and surprised) with the low latency on my pokey atom processor. Running EnergyXT, I could play my guitar through the amp sim and effects in real time with completely acceptable results. So I'm psyched to turn this netbook into a guitar rig : )

So now I'd like to add SooperLooper. I immediately got stuck, as the download link to the CCRMA site seems to be broken, but even if the link worked, I'm clueless how to install software in Linux, or even what "flavor" of Linux the Transmission OS in Indamixx is. If anyone out there wants help a complete newbie, I'd be very appreciative. Thanks!

-Art
myspace.com/artsimon
JeffHendricks

Re: SooperLooper and Indamixx--I have no idea how to get started

Post by JeffHendricks »

According to Wikipedia, Indamixx is a custom version of 64Studio Linux:
Custom variants of 64 Studio have been deployed in commercial products including the Lionstracs Mediastation, the Harrison Xdubber, and the Indamixx from Trinity Audio Group.
64Studio Linux is based on Debian/Ubuntu, so RPM packages probably won't work on it. ".RPM" packages work on Red Hat-based distros like CRRMA, and ".deb" files are packages for Debian/Ubuntu systems. You should be able to find a .deb package for SooperLooper on the Ubuntu repository.

However, you should have some sort of software package manager (like Synaptic) that will download and install programs for you. Rather than trying to match versions and install it manually, it would be much better to install it from the OS's own software installer.

You can either search for it in Synaptic, or open a command line and type "sudo apt-get install sooperlooper" and hope it works.