Adjust volume of last added overdub?

Describe your looping workflow

Moderator: jesse

mrlimbic

Adjust volume of last added overdub?

Post by mrlimbic »

I am a SL newbie but couldn't see how to do this.

How do you adjust the last overdubbed layer? Basically it is hard to get the right volume while playing, so I'd like to overdub, then mix the overdub with what already exists.

Is this possible? If not, then it would be an awesome feature.

Or is there a way I could simulate this? i.e. record to a new looper, set it's volume, then when happy with the mix, copy that as overdub to another looper at current volume.
jesse

Re: Adjust volume of last added overdub?

Post by jesse »

No, this isn't possible.. all the loop actions are destructive, and there is no way to copy the contents of one loop as an overdub of another. The best you can do is trial and error it, perhaps undo'ing ones where you didn't like it and trying it again after changing your input gain. Or if you found a way to use additional loops (synced and quantized) to record on instead of overdubbing, you can adjust the levels individually after the fact, but that becomes a pain to manage.
mrlimbic

Re: Adjust volume of last added overdub?

Post by mrlimbic »

jesse wrote:No, this isn't possible.. all the loop actions are destructive, and there is no way to copy the contents of one loop as an overdub of another. The best you can do is trial and error it, perhaps undo'ing ones where you didn't like it and trying it again after changing your input gain. Or if you found a way to use additional loops (synced and quantized) to record on instead of overdubbing, you can adjust the levels individually after the fact, but that becomes a pain to manage.
Thanks for the clarification. It would still be a fantastic feature to be able to mix the last added layer as you go.

How hard would it be to add?