click track for recording

Describe your looping workflow

Moderator: jesse

koerg

click track for recording

Post by koerg »

Dear all,

I am new in the looper domain and have some basic questions, I was not able ro answer by watching SooperLooper tutorials or looking at the documentation.

1. Is there a way to have a master click? If I set SooperLooper to "sync to internal" and "bpm" to a certain value, I see the "tap" icon blinking, but I can't hear any click sound. This would help a lot for using SooperLopper as playback.

2. Can I stop the recording automatically at the end of a cycle? For example, if I play in a guitar, I can start the recording by setting a threshold on the input level, but I can only stop the recoding by pushing the recording button again. This is very inconvenient. Ok, I could use a foot switch, but I prefer doing it automatically.

Would be amazing if this works out!

Best regards,
Joerg
Freasy

Re: click track for recording

Post by Freasy »

Hi,
To 1: there ist no master click. You could use an external program, sync it with SL and let it play a click.
To 2: as far as I know there is no such function. It would be record_once I guess. But you would need to record a first loop to get a cycle. But in my opinion, a footswitch would be better. You can decide spontaniously to double the lenght of the recorded loop, cancel the recording if necessary. You would be more free.
koerg

Post by koerg »

hi,
thank you for your reply and the hint. I found a way to manage it.

1. create a click track with certain bpm in e.g. audacity and export as wav file
2. insert wav file in SL and play it
3. add second loop
4. set sync to loop 1 (wav file)
5. set quantize to cycle
6. check sync in 2nd loop

Now, when you push the record button of the second loop, it waits until the cycle of the first loop is finished.
The same happens when you try to stop the recording within a cycle --> it waits until the end of the cycle.
Freasy

Post by Freasy »

Yeah, I forgot to mention the cycle/loop-sync option.
But anyway, enjoy SL :)