Live Looping with RC-300

Describe your looping workflow

Moderator: jesse

amyobenski

Live Looping with RC-300

Post by amyobenski »

Hi Everybody. I'm brand new to looping. I decided to dive in head first and got myself an RC-300 loop station. I'm doing some pretty complex stuff with it. A lot of what I do is free style so I don't have a set amount of measures I'm recording over and there are many different sections to my songs. I've noticed for everything to stay in sync I have to use a rhythm track for the first recordings I lay down but I don't want the audience to hear it. I want all my rhythms to be done live. My solution to this is to set my rhythm track preferences to only go out through the MAIN out. And then to plug a headphone into the Main out so that only I hear it. There is a SUB out too that is supposed to go to the PA system. It seems to work but the rhythm track is pretty quiet through my current headphones. Does anyone else do this? I've been able to find nothing online about it. But I think I've seen live looping artists with a headphone or a single earbud on. I'm thinking the single earbud might work better.

Any thoughts? I know this is pretty specific to my situation but I'd love some feedback.

~Amy