Latency and saving a default. And Panning

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else

Moderator: jesse

sealpt

Latency and saving a default. And Panning

Post by sealpt »

Hi,

I'm using Sooper Looper Logic on a mac. I have set my latency in Sooper Looper to zero for the input. I save this song as Sooper Looper 1. The latency setting set at zero is working really well for me, but when I reload that song and expect the latency to be as zero, it has moved its way back up to 512, at which point I set it back to zero again and go on my looping way. Is there a way to set this zero setting to the default in Sooper Looper? I would have thought this setting would have been retained in the Logic song as most parameters are.

Also... I have put my Sooper Loopers as an effect loop in logic outputting it to a stereo aux track. On the looper itself, which is in stereo, there are the pan sliders. I move these around with no effect at all. The only way I can get any panning is to pan the aux track in logic. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong in Sooper Looper to not have the pan sliders do anything.

Any ideas?

Thank you,
Shawn
jesse

Re: Latency and saving a default. And Panning

Post by jesse »

The latency overrides not saving sounds like a bug, I will check on it.

The i/o can be confusing when used as a plugin. The panning only effects the output going to the main outputs of the plugin. There are also per-loop direct outputs which do not go through the panner, and I'm guessing that Logic is grabbing those outputs. I will try to play around with it to see if I can get the desired behavior in Logic.
sealpt

Post by sealpt »

Thank you Jesse. It's not a huge deal on the above. The latency is just a quick tweek before playing, and the panning can be handled in logics mixer as just a default parameter.

Thank you.
Shawn
sealpt

Post by sealpt »

Just as an update on the latency number. If the toggle is set to set automatically (our whatever the verbage is), it will read the buffer level (latency) of logic that i have selected. My latency was 512 and I changed it to 128 and the Sooper Looper tracks much better now.

Thank you,
Shawn