mrmr and sooperlooper

Discuss using the OSC interface to control SL

Moderator: jesse

gneek

mrmr and sooperlooper

Post by gneek »

Hi, I'd like to use mrmr to send osc messages from an iPhone to SooperLooper However I'm a bit confused: can I use an osc client like mrmr to send messages directly to SL? or do I need an intermediate software like Max to sit between the two?

Thanks,
Nick
jesse

Re: mrmr and sooperlooper

Post by jesse »

I was looking into that too. Looks like mrmr only supports a very basic set of messages and is not configurable. Likewise, SL supports a very specific set of messages, so they are not compatible.

Two solutions, the first, as you mentioned is to make intermediate software that translates between the two interfaces. The second is for me to make a better, more general iPhone OSC app than those that currently exist. Actually, the third is to make an SL specific iPhone controller app, but I'd rather do the second! :)

FWIW, I am currently working on a multi-touch synth/sampler/looper iPhone app, I'll put you on the beta testing list when I get that far....
gneek

Post by gneek »

Looking forward to that Jesse.

For those who don't want to get their hands dirty programming Max or PD, I've been using the shareware program Osculator to translate the incoming osc into SL commands, works well and can also translate into midi, key commands, and trigger applescripts.
sam_square

Post by sam_square »

I would like to be able to display SL Loop position on an iphone. Does SL transmit loop position data? I have TouchOSC and OSCulator. It's working with Mainstage - which is cool.
sam_square

Post by sam_square »

I found the osc docs, I can probably figure it out.
billy10388

Post by billy10388 »

gneek wrote:Hi, I'd like to use mrmr to send osc messages from an iPhone to SooperLooper However I'm a bit confused: can I use an osc client like mrmr to send messages directly to SL? or do I need an intermediate software like Max to sit between the two?

Thanks,
Nick
Such a very amazing link!
Thanks you for the post.