Pause or Trigger Quant Doesn't Always Work Properly

Report anything that appears to be a bug here.

Moderator: jesse

josh

Pause or Trigger Quant Doesn't Always Work Properly

Post by josh »

Most of the time Pause and Trigger Quant seems to work perfectly. But I've noticed some occasional weirdness. I'm using OSC, but I "think" it might be possible to cause this via the UI. Basically, I send a pause command to one track and a trigger to another track (which is paused). Usually the result is that the tracks switch at the next sync (I use cycles to sync). Perfect. But occasionally both tracks will end up playing together. I considered that it could be that occasionally one command comes before the sync and one after. But I doubt this. First the timing would have to be perfect, because the commands get issued within milliseconds of each other if not less. Also, I send the pause message first, so it would make more sense if both tracks end up paused for one cycle as opposed to both playing. It seems that the closer I issue the command to the end of the cycle, the less likely this is to happen. Maybe Trigger isn't respecting the Sync type somehow?
kasbah

Re: Pause or Trigger Quant Doesn't Always Work Properly

Post by kasbah »

Hmm.. can't reproduce this on the GUI. I will try via OSC when I get a bit of time.

As an aside. I think I use mute and un-mute to achieve what you are doing here.