Thumps & clicks - even with 4410 samples of xfade

Report anything that appears to be a bug here.

Moderator: jesse

markhadman

Thumps & clicks - even with 4410 samples of xfade

Post by markhadman »

Well, title says it all, really. Most record-mode changes seem to have a good chance of producing a thump/click, which often makes its way into the loop. Jack doesn't complain about xruns or anything. Superlooper is, right now, my #1 choice for live performance (using pure data and osc as a controller, hopefully) but this is, as you might imagine, a deal breaker.

Setup:- eee pc701 (internal soundcard), pure:dyne OS (based on Ubuntu 9.10), Jack 0.3.4, Superlooper 1.6.14
jesse

Re: Thumps & clicks - even with 4410 samples of xfade

Post by jesse »

Interesting, there have been a few comments recently with the same issue. I haven't experienced clicks even when purposely producing noise when starting and finishing a record op. If you could make save off a short loop that you make that has the thump or click and post a link to it (or attach it here) that I could analyze, it could give me a clue. Better yet, save that as a session with audio and zip it up, then attach it.
markhadman

Post by markhadman »

ok, this is an example using record then overdub then insert. Record on its own doesn't seem to make a click but the others do.
Attachments
sl-pops.tar.gz
(165.14 KiB) Downloaded 1665 times
markhadman

Post by markhadman »

Any confirmation/progress on this?
taittinger

Post by taittinger »

ditto!...i'm having the same problem, mostly when going out of overdub mode...
jesse

Post by jesse »

OK, thanks for the bump... I'll try to look into this.
taittinger

Post by taittinger »

bumping this yet another time. i still have an issue with audible clicks...mostly when i use the overdub command to get out of overdub mode. strangely, the fewer samples of crossfade i use (i'm currently at 12) the less it seems to happen...unless that's just coincidence. it also seems to happen less when i end the record command with "record," rather than "overdub."

i'm using the AU plugin in live 8. i've tried every variation of latency setting. i've had the same issue with different midi controllers (currently using softstep) and with different audio interfaces (currently using MOTU ultralite). i don't see how i can use sooperlooper for live performance while this issue persists, which is frustrating, given the time i've now invested in it...help, please?