undo_all key binding

Report anything that appears to be a bug here.

Moderator: jesse

misteralan

undo_all key binding

Post by misteralan »

Hi Jesse,
I have noticed that in a SL session with 2 or more loops once a loop is selected the keyboard binding for undo_all ("z") will only undo the selected loop, not all loops as I would expect.
As a workaround I tried multiple arguments for the same key ... no luck ... one argument per key.
Of course pressing zero(select all loops) then z gets the job done, but what the heck!

When I am controlling SL via MIDI I was able to bind the 2 arguments to the same MIDI command.

I thought that the undo_all key binding used to work properly in earlier SL releases ... but who knows as the path to get things under my control has taken me through many routes and I may not be remembering correctly.
Thanks,
AL
SL1.6.14
OSX 10.5.8
Live 8.1.1
jesse

Re: undo_all key binding

Post by jesse »

The undo_all actually means undo a given loop to the beginning, effectively a reset. It doesn't imply any operation across loops, that's why it follows the same rules for loop selection, etc. Sorry for the confusion! If you want to send a command to all loops via midi, just make the binding for all loops (or in OSC, loop # -1).
misteralan

Re: undo_all key binding

Post by misteralan »

Thanks Jesse,
I was looking for one Ascii 2 Keyboard binding for Undo_all for all loops,
or a way to Reset SL with a keyboard binding..
thanks,
Al