"AU multichannel" choices make Logic crash ... ??

Using SL inside Apple's Logic

Moderator: jesse

jesse

Re: "AU multichannel" choices make Logic crash ... ??

Post by jesse »

The individual loop I/O should show up as sidechain channels, at least they do in Live and AULab. I'm not sure how Logic presents this concept. So you would still insert it as a stereo plugin (the main ins and outs are stereo), but sidechains should be available. Logic users out there?
gneek

Post by gneek »

I'm not in front of my machine right now to get specific, but in general the multichannel in Logic works just fine.
Coop4Music

Post by Coop4Music »

If I remember correctly, I was having issues with loading SL into Logic as well, but I think I couldn't even get it to load on ONE channel. I reverted back to the only way i've gotten it to work for me, being frustrated and just wanting to make some music and not a computer geek :lol:
jesse

Post by jesse »

Sidechains are your ticket, but I'm not sure how they work in Logic. Looking online a bit, it seems that there will be a sidechain button on the plugin gui window that might be your way in to assigning them. SL presents a stereo pair as inputs for the first 4 loop instance in a single plugin.
The sidechain button would show up in SL's generic plugin gui that has the application path and button to start SL's custom gui.

Good luck, maybe someone else will chime in?
ghostly

Post by ghostly »

Best thing is to send all the things you want to loop to the same bus, no extra hands or feet needed!

Here is my setup:

Audio 1 in (guitar) to Bus 1
Audio 2 in (vox) to Bus 1
SL sidechained with Bus 1 (input audio set to --infinity db)
Bus 1 output to Main Out
SL to Bus 2
Bus 2 to Audio track 3 (so can record mix)
Audio track 3 output to Main Out

I use SL / Logic as a writing tool where I set the song recording 3 audio tracks so I have unlooped tracks for later editing.

Great program this btw! :D
ghostly

Post by ghostly »

In Logic, if you want to loop your voice only then only feed the input from your vocal channel into SL. Keep playing guitar as normal. If you want to change what feeds into SL then you need to do that by arming different input channels in Logic. This could be done by assigning such a task to foot pedal switching - might be possible with a single foot press using Logic's Environment.