AU not showing up in logic 8

Using SL inside Apple's Logic

Moderator: jesse

peeksuk

AU not showing up in logic 8

Post by peeksuk »

Hi Jesse,

I just downloaded SL and followed all the instructions for stand alone and AU installation.

The standalone installed a treat but it doesn't look like logic is validating the AU, i noticed somebody else posted a similar problem with logic 9 on the forum and you posted a link for an AUfixed installer, I tried dropping the .component file but that hasn't yielded any results either. do you have any other suggestions?

Also is there a way of tempo syncing a host application such as logic to the stand alone SL via Jack?

Thanks a lot,
Richard
jesse

Re: AU not showing up in logic 8

Post by jesse »

Sorry I still haven't released an official update. The -aufix has fixed this for others, make sure you remove the old one first, then copy the new one. Sometimes you might need to log-out or restart in case some sort of weird AU caching is going on.

Here is the link the fixed version again:
http://essej.net/sooperlooper/SooperLoo ... -aufix.dmg
peeksuk

Post by peeksuk »

Hi Jesse,

I tried your solution and still don't have any results. When i drop the new component file in the folder and start up logic, im assuming logic should see this new plugin and do a verification on the plugin, this just simple isn't happening!

any other suggestions?
I just purchased logic 9 so when i get the time to install that maybe it will work, who knows!
peeksuk

Post by peeksuk »

I installed logic 9 the other day and SL is showing up and working great!

Anyone else with the same problem, if you can be bothered with the effort re-installing logic may be your answer :cry: