sidechains

Using SL inside Apple's Logic

Moderator: jesse

jesse

sidechains

Post by jesse »

This is an interesting tip from loopers-delight. If anyone out there wants to try these techniques with SooperLooper AU, I would be curious to know if they also work... as I don't have Mainstage or Logic... and I think this question has come up before.

jlc

On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 8:27 AM, Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>How to set up multi channel output live looping with Mobius AU in Mainstage 2 and Logic.
> I uploaded informative screen shots at
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/15515975@N00/3936367073/
> (Mainstage 2)
> and
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/15515975@N00/3936227397/
> (Logic)
fundamental

Re: sidechains

Post by fundamental »

Hey there

I know this is an ancient thread, but In my never-ending quest for the last few weeks with MS & SL, I've tried to get this to work repeatedly cause it would be super-bitchin' if it did, but essentially it just does 1 of 2 things for me. (On both my laptop and tower running Snow Leopard, latest SL, etc)

1. When I add SL to the AUX as a midi-controlled AU effect I get several choices in the drop down. Mono, Stereo, Multi Output (9xMono), Multi Output (1xStereo, 8xMono), Multi Output (4xStereo, 5xMono) and Multi Output (9xStereo). Generally it just crashes MS at this point when I try to add any of the Multi Outputs, however when it doesn't crash it...

2. I can add the additional channels and place SL into the input slot, but then then Input Slot for SL in MS is crossed out, ie Not Available. So it doesn't work, and then it usually just crashes MS again anyways.

I've tried to get screenshots of #2, but now I can't seem to get it to go there with any consistency
fundamental

Post by fundamental »

Holy crap, three years later this works, really well. This is awesome.
Marian

Post by Marian »

Hallo Jesse!
Sidechains. First, excuse my English.
The way Per Boysen shows how to get Mobius to work with multi outputs don't matches with SL in MainStage 2 or 3.
Everything is possible but:
Step 2 (taken Audio-Sidechain to Mobius) cannot match, cause there is no side chain in SL (PlugIn).
So please help us, to get audio in SL (multi) when it is taken in an instrument-cannel as an input.
In aux-cannels there is no multi version of SL to set in.
If you find a way to get SL work with multi-outputs in MainStage it would be great.
Thanks a lot for your work.

Marian