SL get crazy while Ableton is recording

Using SL inside Ableton Live

Moderator: jesse

ragazzosemplice

SL get crazy while Ableton is recording

Post by ragazzosemplice »

Hi Jesse and everybody, I hope you're great.

I am having a weird issue, I am using SL since many years, now I have a new laptop with still Snow Leopard.

SL works great but if I am recording in Live my session with separated tracks (voice, guitar, SL), SL it gets crazy and start to do things by itself, like recording, reversing, overdubing. etc... and everything happen very fast...
I can attach a short video of the caos is passing but m4v extension is not allowed...

SL is 1.6.18

Any suggestion?

THANKS!
ragazzosemplice

Re: SL get crazy while Ableton is recording

Fixed that, I just to turn off SL from midi input.
BUT, when I finished to record, as I click STOP on ableton recording session, Live quit immediately...

Is it a bug?

Thanks!
ragazzosemplice

Fixed that also :)

For those who have the same problem, instead of pressinf STOP button, press first RECORD button and then STOP.

Save it :)
ragazzosemplice

I am sorry to reply to myself that the first issue still remain. It worked just with two tracks of SL but up to three the caos still happen.... :(

Anone?
jesse

Post by jesse »

It sounds like SL might still be getting MIDI events somehow from Live? Do you have and use the midi bindings intentionally? If not, go into SL's Prefs and remove any of the midi bindings you might have made.
ragazzosemplice

hi, thanks for your message.
I have a lot of midi bindings, I am using a midi pedal to control SL. I may try to change midi channel? or pass to logic...
I don't get it, I am using the same slsess file I was using with the other mac... same OSX same Live and SL version and the weird thing is that happen only while recording...