Ableton Slave to Sooperlooper

Using SL inside Ableton Live

Moderator: jesse

moshjartin

Ableton Slave to Sooperlooper

Post by moshjartin »

Hi! I'm having trouble getting ableton to act as sync slave to Sooperlooper. I've found one forum post on the subject in Loopers Delight with an answer from Per Boysen. I followed those instructions but still can't seem to get Ableton to take a tempo from Sooperlooper. Any ideas?

Josh Martin
Coherence

Re: Ableton Slave to Sooperlooper

Post by Coherence »

I'm having exactly the same problem. I would like Sooperlooper to controll Live, plus my Akai MPD32.
I would like to try to fiddle around with the settings, but i don't really find any settings to fiddle around with..

Edit. Except "send midi clock" of course. More specifically, how do you enable Live as a slave? Does JACK have anything to do with it?
shaunbarlow

Post by shaunbarlow »

Hi Josh,
Are you using SL as the AU plugin or as a standalone program?
If it's as an AU plugin (i.e. as a device in Ableton), then check these settings:
1. Open Live's preferences (cmd + ,) and click on the MIDI Sync tab, next to "Input: SooperLooperAU_Out" make sure that "Sync" button is ON. Close preferences.
2. In the top left of the Ableton window, make sure that the "EXT" button is ON.
3. In the SooperLooper GUI, set "Sync to" to either "Loop 1" or "Internal" (depending on your desired functionality).
4. In SooperLooper's preferences, click the "Latency/Misc" tab and make sure that "Output MIDI clock" is enabled.

Hope that helps.
Good luck!
ecce_cello

Post by ecce_cello »

@haunbarlow thanks a lot, that's exactly a clean explanation to what i wanted to achieve, you gave me one hour to do other things today!