How does SL work with Ableton Live?

Using SL inside Ableton Live

Moderator: jesse

joedrums

How does SL work with Ableton Live?

Post by joedrums »

Anyone, how do I interface SL w/ Ableton? Jesse? Anyone?

j
jesse

Re: How does SL work with Ableton Live?

Post by jesse »

The link here has a post that describes the basics of how most people use the SL AU plugin with Live and want to control it via midi:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=103&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

There are some other posts that discuss doing more advanced things with sidechains and dedicated inputs/outputs to individual loop instances too. I should probably make a sticky post with the FAQs for SL and Live.
joedrums

Re: How does SL work with Ableton Live?

Post by joedrums »

Thanks Jesse,

I'm using the FCB 1010 (as you may remember). Same instructions for this, no midi patch bay needed?
Also, in standalone I'm able to run Reason etc.... into SL and loop it.
-Am I able to do the same while coming up as a plug in in Abelton? For example run reason, or omnisphere or any other virtual instrument into SL and loop it while in Ableton?

Finally any knowledge of being able to do this in DP, which is the platform I use in my studio? In DP I can see SL only in midi, nowhere else. IN plugins all I see is Jack audio. Have tried routing stuff but no luck.

thanks for the quick reply, I'm starting to use this stuff out and am planning on donating as soon as everything is running and I see how it works in the flow, this audio interfacing and recording is the last step.

thanks for all your help so far
joe