SL AU - Problem adding loops

Using SL inside Ableton Live

Moderator: jesse

electropiano

SL AU - Problem adding loops

Post by electropiano »

Hi,

We are having a problem adding loops in the SooperLooper AU within Live 8. It seems that when we create a new file within Live and add an instance of the SL AU we are only able to add 3 loops within that one instance. Sometimes we can only add 1 loop per instance. The strange thing is that we used to be able to add more loops (a few days ago) and luckily when we did we saved the SL AU file (which contained 5 loops in one SL AU instance).

Despite the fact we are unable to add more than 3 loops we can open the saved file which allows us to get 5 loops. Clearly there is some sort of bug, as we have also had the same exact problem in SL Standalone.

Please note the we have reinstalled our Mac OS from scratch several times (both Leopard & Snow Leopard) and reinstalled SooperLooper. After reinstalling both the OS and SL, SL will let us add loops with no issues. But a few days after installation SL suddenly will not let us add loops anymore.

Has anyone else encountered this problem in SL AU or Standalone/Jack combo? Can anyone point us in the direction of something similar to a crash log so we can detect when / what is causing SL to go awry.

Thanks!
jesse

Re: SL AU - Problem adding loops

Post by jesse »

Wow, that is crazy, and not something I've ever seen. I take it that doing any of the Add Loop commands from the session menu just does nothing in this case? If you then remove them all, when you add them back does it always stop at the same number?

As a workaround since it seems to work with loaded sessions, is to hand edit the session file, which is in very readable XML format. You can totally specify how many loops and what their settings are, just base it on the ones you make.

I wish I could reproduce this!
electropiano

Post by electropiano »

Yes after adding 3 loops we can no longer add any more using add loop commands. Sometimes we cannot add more than the one loop which initially pops up.

If we remove the loops and try and add them again we get the same result - the add loop command does not work.

Can you suggest any XML editors and how we could go about editing?
jesse

Post by jesse »

Any text editor (TextEdit, for instance) will do. You'll see how easy it is to read and copy/paste. I can help out if you have any issues.