First performance with SooperLooper last night - thoughts

Using SL inside Ableton Live

Moderator: jesse

throwlaserbolts

First performance with SooperLooper last night - thoughts

Post by throwlaserbolts »

Singing praises:

First off, I cannon believe this is free. I'm making a donation today. Period.

Secondly, the ability to grab a loop and mute it before it plays back is awesome - I've done this before, the hard way in Live, but Sooper Looper makes it efficient and easier than ever. I don't like building sound on sound throughout a song, so the "grab for later" philosophy is fluid here.

Third, the routing integration with SL is great in Live. I love being able to throw loops into their own tracks and create clips this way on the fly.

Lastly, I've been using SL for about two weeks. The fact that I can bring it to stage so fast is because of the community here. I've only made a few posts, but have read many many more.

As an instrumentalist (Saxophonist) who cannot use their hands for controls, SL has changed my approach to improvisation with a computer. I feel like I've been a slave to pre-planned sequences until now. SL helps me keep the giant sound i've been maintaining, but without sacrificing the ability to create raw, off the cuff, from scratch. This, I have been sacrificing.

Thank you!

/justin bernard
jesse

Re: First performance with SooperLooper last night - thoughts

Post by jesse »

Glad it worked well for you! Be sure to bring up any ideas that might make it work better, as you discover them. That kind of feedback is very welcome here.